Mission, Vision, Values...
Community Living North Grenville is a local organization founded by families and friends of individuals with an Intellectual Disability. It will be guided by, adhere to and strive to achieve its Vision in all its actions. Community Living North Grenville advocates for, promotes and facilitates the full participation, inclusion and citizenship of people who have an intellectual disability.
it is the belief of Community Living North Grenville that, “all persons live in a state of dignity, share in all elements of living in the community, and have the opportunity to participate effectively”.
- Community means supporting people to establish their lives in the “community” as we know it; the community at large will have an opportunity for shared responsibility in the lives of people we support
- We involve a process of life planning with people on an individual basis;
- All people have every opportunity for choice of where they work, live, enjoy leisure time and retire;
- All children should be supported within their family, where it nurtures well being and personal growth;
- All children go with their friends to neighbourhood schools where they grow and learn together;
- All people enjoy and exercise all the rights and duties of full citizenship;
- All people have the opportunity to develop meaningful friendships and other naturally supportive relationships in the community;
- All people have the freedom to participate in their communities through political and religious expression;
- All people have access to comfortable and suitable homes that they can call their own;
- All people will be treated with dignity and respect;
- All people live with a sense of security and freedom from harm;
- All people have access to quality health care and adequate income;
- All people will be supported by competent and caring employees and volunteers, who are committed to quality improvement and accountability;